Saturday, October 27, 2012

Leaving Minden in thirteen hours... WTF.

Clock says 12:04am.  It's now Sunday. I realize it's been too long since I've written, but I also recognize that writing a blog entry wasn't something I've been in the mind frame to write over the last two/three weeks, with wrapping up my life in London and spending a final week with my family and friends here in Minden. But I just hung up the phone with an American Airlines customer service fella, who reassured me that yes, I am in fact flying tomorrow with American Airlines, and that my eticket number is valid - they were just having networking issues. Phheewwwff!
So I sit here alone, well, with two Siamese cats - one extremely fat, and one extremely attention deprived (or so you'd think!) - in an excessively hot basement with my laptop and heavy eyelids.

But I can't sleep.

I am pretty sure that flying to Australia tomorrow might have something to do with it. I'm actually positive. Anxious? Not really. Sad? Hell no. Happy? Extremely! Worried? Not in the least. Excited? Most definitely. Missing my friends and family already? Abso-freaking-lutely.

The last few weeks can be summed up relatively quickly, I guess. 

With regards to work: I gave my two weeks, and left with a smile on my face.  They gave me a card, a cake, and an LCBO giftcard. There are some employees I'll miss more than others, but all have been great to me, and have kept my life in London "interesting."

With regards to my car: I sold it. The details are a bore to most, but the end result is - I sold the little bastard.

With regards to my apartment and leaving my lady roommate, Gail: that was tough. She became a friend very quickly. She treated me like a daughter, and was a mom away from home. I tend to have those kinds of ladies pop into my life no matter where I am in the world, and I know that keeps my mom happy! :) Gail has three cats and a little dog named Chico, who apparently miss me and still wait for me at the end of the day to come home... poor little buggers. They might be waiting a while!

With regards to my goodbyes in London: some were much tougher than others! I made a lot of friends through Matt.  He was a tough goodbye - which I had expected. So was his mom, who I can say is one of the world's sweetest ladies, with one of the biggest hearts ever.  His friends, who have become mine, are all so fun, and so caring... I'll miss them all!

With regards to my move home: GREAT SUCCESS! Right Dad? :) Filled the Volvo SUV to the roof, but was done in one trip. Not bad when that's everything I own. Have less, do more, be more! - Right mom? :)

With regards to my last week at home: amazing. Simply amazing. Time to actually relax was so required after the last little while, getting organized, moving, filling out paper work for Australia, selling the car, dealing with fixing the car before selling it (TOTAL B.S.!) yada yada yada... I spent lots of time with one of my best friends, Heather, who celebrated her 24th birthday on Friday! - What a hoot! :) I also talked lots on the phone with another bestie, Julie, AKA my Dingo.  I even got a great chat in with an old dear friend that I met on my exchange, Ellen.  I spent the better portion of three days with Allison, Joe, and my perfect, beautiful, light of my life, niece, Kinley. I didn't realize how much I could love someone until she popped out. It was so nice to be in their home with them, and to enjoy their company.  They treated me to dinner on Thursday, and Joe and I even made it out for one last honk on the fourwheelers and he made sure we found a little bit of mud to play around in! They showed me their lot, where they're planning to build their forever home. I can't wait to see what comes of that tree filled property in the next few years! The ideas and plans they have sound so beautiful!  I made my way down to Lindsay and visited my Grandma Lytle! I showed her pictures of Kinley and recent ones from my life and of the family, and she was just fit to be tied.  She is one beautiful soul, no matter what anyone says.  I got to spend lots of time with my parents, who are so great and so loving and supportive of me and my life. Mom is probably lying awake now, wondering why the hell my bedroom light is on still. Nah... who am I kidding? She tired herself out crying tonight. :( Sorry ma! I had a fantastic visit with Mama and Papa today too, with an extra special visit from Sean and Josie and their baby girl, Audrey.  Mama made us an incredible brunch, which filled all of us up to the brim. For those of you who haven't met the legendary Mama - she is one very special person in my life.  We had a few moments today that I'll never ever ever ever forget, that had us both in tears.  I'd share things we talked about and cried about, but then it wouldn't be so special. So I will leave it at that. :) I also had a special surprise phone call from my Grandpa Barry and Granny Carol all the way from Texas! Sounds like they've been having good weather until today, but are happy as ever down south!

Tonight was, and is pretty surreal... as I sit here, roasting beside the fire, I think about how lucky I am to have such a support network that constantly surrounds me.  I am a very lucky individual. That's an understatement. 

I leave Minden in roughly thirteen hours.  W.T.F.

I will be in touch! I WILL be in touch. I promise.
I will post pictures. I will reply to emails.

I love you all!

It may be a one way ticket - but I will be back.

Mom? ... I WILL be back.

Just started crying. That's me ending this for tonight!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Honey, Thanks for the mention. Enjoy the next year+ of your life. We will think of you daily.....LOTS of love going your way!! We will all be waiting with open arms when you return. I am sure a lot of things will have changed, and so will you have as you fulfill another dream year in a foreign Country and chalk up one more adventure in your life! Love you to pieces.
    See you on Skype...Love Grandpa & "Granny" xoxo

    ReplyDelete